Friday, March 7, 2014

Stranger Danger and productive promises



Admitting I have a problem with launching myself into a project and then ceremoniously abandoning said project for my next shinny new idea was step one.


This morning I tweeted. "Making to do lists about goal setting. Active procrastination? Tweeting about active procrastination = denial #help"


I like to make lists and dream about the end result of a project. Devout a month or two to building the dream then getting bored or discouraged and jumping off the train. A mix of fears, impulsiveness and inquisitiveness often sideline projects before they have barely begun to live.


I have steadily grown into an adequate gardener and make an acceptable income baking (hopefully this becomes a hobby and not an income stream soon!) but I have a sculpture degree collecting dust, a tiny ceramic kiln that should be fired a lot more often; not to mention my circuit cutter, button maker and metal stamping kits.


Over the last year I placed three books on Amazon through there KDP (kindle direct publishing) site and without any promotion made roughly 100 dollar plus 8 Euro. The 8 Euro I will only see if it can make 92 friends allowing kdp to cut me a 100 Euro check. (I have dreams of cashing the check with my phone and then hanging it above my desk). It is time to consider the real possibility of giving the hobby and lifetime dream of creating books (which my gorgeous and grammar fanatic of a husband will edit) a chance at being a real career pursuit.


Promises



Give it a full year of active pursuit to see improvement
Learn to Tweet and blog in a productive way
Actively participate with other "e"people
Create and publish multiple new works
Make more use of my dusty "A" type personalty ( my introvert is trembling, stranger danger)
I WILL NOT SELF SABOTAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment